The course will discuss construction management principles, practices, techniques, and tools, to provide participants with an opportunity to learn key project management concepts. While project management principles can be applied to projects across different engineering disciplines, this course particularly emphasizes construction projects.
Who Should Attend?
- Project Administrators
- Cost Estimators
- Anyone interested in developing their performance in construction management
This interactive Training will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas and will include;
- Workshop & Work Presentation
- Case Studies and Practical Exercise
- Videos and General Discussions
BTS attendance certificate will be issued to all attendees completing minimum of 80% of the total course duration.
- To learn construction management concepts and techniques required for managing large and complex construction projects.
- To appreciate the complex technical and managerial challenges in managing construction projects, and to learn effective methods for addressing these challenges.
- To be acquainted with the role of project management methods in enhancing and optimizing construction projects.
- Overview of project management
- Project life cycle
- Characteristics of construction projects
- Project management processes
- Project roles and organization structure
- Project stakeholders
- Project management process and knowledge areas.
- Project procurement & Contracting
- Project procurement methods, bidding
- Construction changes
- Change management process
- Standard-form contracts
- Contract terms
- Contract administration issues (change orders. change directives, etc.)
- Planning & scheduling
- Work breakdown structure
- Activity definition
- Estimating activity duration
- Activity dependencies and precedence relationships
- Critical path method (CPM) computations
- Resource-constrained scheduling
- Duration compression using crashing
- Cost estimation
- Purpose & types of estimates
- Techniques for early estimates
- Preliminary and detailed cost estimating
- Cost components
- Economic feasibility analysis
- Estimating total project cost
- Defining schedule and budget baseline progress curves
- Project monitoring & control:
- Earned-value analysis
- Reporting project progress
- Assessment of cost and schedule deviations/performance
- Forecast project progress/cost at completion