Effective Metric Management incorporates a series of on-going processes and activities that encourage growth and measure progress in attaining objectives.
This programme is a 5 day workshop which will guide managers in understanding key components of metric management:
- Management as dynamic application of the functions of Planning, Organising, Leading and Controlling
- The importance of metrics
- Metrics and Risk Management
- Characteristics of “good” and “bad” metrics and identifying your key metrics
- Managing the metrics by setting up controls and addressing performance deviations constructively and collaboratively
By understanding the importance of monitoring and managing the key numbers in your division each manager will gain key insight into potential risks, deviations and overall performance. Without this knowledge executive oversight will be extremely difficult and inaccurate at best.
The workshops aim to give all managers practical examples, best case scenarios and the necessary skills through interactive group work and feedback.
WHAT THIS COURSE CAN DO FOR YOU…
- Help establish the link between metrics and achieving divisional objectives
- Understand the benefits of “knowing” what numbers are key in your environment
- Identifying potential risk in your division
- Solving typical performance deviation issues
- Build a divisional scorecard with key numbers
- Assessing divisional control of your key metrics
- Include metrics into regular meetings
- Develop executive oversight
Managers, supervisors, department heads, executives
Day 1: Management in Dynamically Changing Business Environments
- Our VUCA world (understanding Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity)
- Changing Views on Management
- Innovation and Lean Strategy
- Planning, Organising, Leading and Controlling
Day 2: Why Measure?
- The Four Disciplines of Execution
- The Art of Setting Objectives
- The Discipline of Aligning Initiatives with Objectives
- The Link between Metrics and Achieving Objectives
Day 3: Which Metrics?
- The Characteristics of a Good Metric
- Lead and Lag Metrics
- Identifying Core Metrics aligning with Objectives
Day 4: Measuring and Managing Risk
- The Importance of Effective Risk Management
- Measuring Risk
- Mitigating Strategies
Day 5: Managing the Metrics
- Establishing a culture of Measurement and Continuous Improvement in teams
- Visualising the Scoreboard
- Setting up Controls to Manage Deviations
The primary objective of our training is to ensure that the knowledge acquired is applied successfully, adding real value and making a visible difference to work performance in the business environment. The workshops have a strong focus on an outcomes based approach and are facilitated on a highly interactive basis encouraging active delegate participation using:
- Break-away sessions
- Relevant business exercises
- Instant feedback with Mentimeter™
- Discussion activities
- Case studies
High emphasis is placed on learning through ‘doing’ where learners are presented with real life and workplace case studies ensuring delegates develop knowledge and confidence to take their enhanced skills back into the business environment and apply them successfully.