|LAB 108-01||19-Nov - 23-Nov-2017||jeddah||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-02||14-Jan - 18-Jan-2018||dubai||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-03||25-Mar - 29-Mar-2018||oman||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-04||27-May - 31-May-2018||dubai||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-05||22-Jul - 26-Jul-2018||amsterdam||$ 5200||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-06||16-Sep - 20-Sep-2018||dubai||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
|LAB 108-07||25-Nov - 29-Nov-2018||doha||$ 4450||english||Register Now|
This course introduces participants to the core components of the industrial health approach to minimizing exposure to harmful hazards upon chemical handling. This course will provide an introduction to the potential hazards when dealing with chemicals. After outlining chemical properties details are given of potential health risks, storage facilities, handling, protective equipment and methods for dealing with chemical releases. Trainer advice will be given aimed at:
- Reducing potential hazards
- Removing risks and in the event of an incident
- Minimizing the consequences
- Information is provided covering planning and dealing with an emergency should a major incident occur.
At the end of the program, participants will understand:
- The characteristics of chemical hazards
- How to minimize the risk of their hazardous potential being released.
- Basic design and layout for good storage and handling procedures.
- Safe operations involving bulk storage, transfer and handling.
- How to deal with incidents involving the release of chemical.
- Procedures for dealing with spillages.
- Reporting requirements to relevant authorities.
- Safe disposal procedures for unwanted substances.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for non-specialists requiring an introduction to chemical hazards. Operators and Engineers with limited chemical knowledge. Managers & Supervisors of sites where chemicals are stored and handled and who wish to refresh their know-how.
This interactive Training will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas and will include;
- Workshop & Work Presentation
- Case Studies and Practical Exercise
- Videos and General Discussions
BTS attendance certificate will be issued to all attendees completing minimum of 80% of the total course duration
- Safety and Safety Management
- Industrial Hazardous
- Chemical hazardous materials
- Chemical Toxicity
- Highly toxic
- other toxic materials
- Sensitizer, Corrosive Chemicals
- Irritants, Protection from corrosives
- Physical hazards
- Properties of flammable liquids
- Hazards of metals
- OSHA regulations
- Chemical material hazards
- Hazards Communications
- Hazardous materials communications
- Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Hazardous materials work practices
- Emergency Response plans and procedures
- Confined space entry
- Personal protective equipment